Tuesday, July 26, 2011

First class in Israel

Tonight I taught my first class in Israel! The room was packed with students, and it was such a tribute to the love this village has for Karen Zivan. Karen has been leading classes here in Hasmonaim for three years, and the students love her. Mothers and daughters showed up, sisters, friends, women in scarves and skirts, and women in yoga clothes. What a beautiful crew of yogis. I was thrilled that several of the students are talking about going to Even Yehuda for my workshops at Yogama!

The women were cautious but supportive about my trip to Palestine. I can see the dividing wall between Israel and the West Bank from here. There is a Palestinian


village on the next hill. The wall is huge; it looks like the Great Wall. So close, yet so far away. I am excited to get to Bethlehem tomorrow.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment