Wednesday, July 20, 2011

On our way ...

It is only 5 days until I leave for Israel and Palestine.  5 days.  I thought our itinerary was set, schedules packed.  But even as I am packing my clothes and double-checking my adapters, I am in awe of what is happening with me and with Olive Tree Yoga Foundation.

Here is a part of an email I wrote to Kerri Kelly, director of Off the Mat Into the World that sums my amazement up:

 I am about to head off to Israel and then Palestine on Monday.  I had an idea 8 months ago -- create a joint Israeli-Palestinian teacher training program in Israel or Palestine and then create a program to sponsor teachers so they could teach to all sorts of populations without concern for the ability of the students to pay very much -- then I started to take baby steps toward my goal, and somehow, amazingly enough, I am realizing it.  I am headed out, with more and more emails coming in each day of people who want to make connections, who want me to teach a class, who want me to come to their studio.  I dreamed that I would start a foundation and that foundation would create jobs, train people to share yoga, and bring peace one person at a time.  And now it is happening.  

So grateful.  Kinda scared.  Going big, going big right now, but first I have to finish packing.

1 comment:

  1. Ruthie, good luck with this venture! It is a fantastic idea and you are the right person to head it up. With your enthusiasm and commitment that you continue bring everyday, this organization is bound to be a huge success. I look forward to watching how your vision will continue to grow and blossom. Have a fantastic trip, bring it big time and please be safe while you are away.

    Peace
    Gary

    ReplyDelete