Tuesday, July 17, 2012

knocked down, but getting back up!


Hi gang,

Let’s be honest, I have spent the last 24 hours somewhat incapacitated.  In Mexico my ailment would be called Montezuma’s revenge.  Here I call it Jerusalem Belly, or Please Go to the Pharmacy and get Immodium For Me.  Ugh.  I haven’t made much progress today in all things yoga, but man, Kathleen has made raging progress.  Kathleen and the ever productive Nahed saw three apartments for the whole OTYF gang to stay in, rented one, fixed our phone, took a tour of the city by taxi, and came back ready to rock and roll.  I am so lucky to have her here with me; her energy and enthusiasm are pushing me back to health faster than any medicine.  Oh yeah, and the mint tea and giant tray of food the hotel sent up to me when they learned I was sick.  It is good to be back in Palestine.

Tomorrow we return in full-force.  We move into our apartment, wash our clothes, get high-speed internet, and start bringing yoga to the street.  At last, at last, we finish preparations and begin action!

Love, Ruthie

2 comments:

  1. so exciting and inspiring Ruthie. love the image of you bringing yoga to the people. xoxo-robyn freeman

    ReplyDelete